Everything You Need To Know To Succeed With CropTrak
We’re Serious About Our Customer’s Success!
We’re not going to lie – CropTrak is a powerful tool, and its customization abilities means it has depth. CropTrak wants you to succeed with both this tool and your organization’s goals.
The following is our ever expanding effort to help you integrate CropTrak into your daily workflow. We encourage new users to run through the following video training series, and for Administrators to check here regularly for new tools and how-to’s especially for you.
As always, you can access our fully searchable support portal here.
INTRODUCTION TO CROPTRAK
INTRO VIDEOS/DOCUMENTATION - click to open
User Manual & Glossary of Terms (PDF) – a great reference resource for everything CropTrak including every menu and tool icon.
Intro/Mobile Application Overview – this article, complete with graphics and explanations helps explain the basic concepts behind CropTrak and how to get the most out of the intro series.
HOW IT WORKS:
- Installation & Initial Download – detailed instructions on downloading and installing CropTrak on your iOS device.
- CropTrak Mobile App User Interface – a tour of the CropTrak user interface including menu layout, iconography and basic operation.
- Syncing – learn how to sync CropTrak on your iPad to the cloud; uploading your data to the database and downloading your co-workers data.
- Asset Hierarchy and Adding a New Grower & Farm – details field hierarchy of CropTrak as well as how to add a new grower & farm to your database.
- Adding a New Asset – how to create a new asset layer and digitizing an asset into that layer.
FORMS – Working With Forms – an introduction to forms in CropTrak.
ANNOTATIONS – Map Annotations – how to drop icons onto your map, complete with notes that can give information to your fellow users.
INTERMEDIATE SERIES - ENTERING DATA
The Intermediate Series focuses on how to enter data into your CropTrak database.
The videos/articles listed on the right are some of the many videos in this series, for more information see our Full Support Portal.
INTERMEDIATE VIDEOS/DOCUMENTATION - click to open
- Data Entry History – on the ability to review and edit forms via the Data Entry History tool.
- Data Entry Search – how to selectively target and access older data.
- Form Value Dump Reports – a quick & dirty reporting solution from within forms themselves.
- Document Form Item – importing PDF and similar files to your database.
RAPID ENTRY TEMPLATES
- How To Fill Them Out – how to use template forms to speed entry of default values.
- Configuring Templates – Editing and creating new template forms for your organization.
ACTION ITEMS – How To Fill Out & Configure – inserting and using low-detail direct “heads-up” indicators of completable work.
User FIVs (Featured Info Views)
- FIV Reference Manual (PDF) – a detailed description on FIV elements – a must have when developing FIVs.
- Introduction to InfoViews & UserFIVs – what they are and how to use them.
- Virtual FIVs; What They Are & How They Are Used – allow you to get at the most straight forward data collection, and display it back in a way that’s more intuitive, visual and easily actioned.
- Configuring UserFIVs – the “how” of editing and customizing UserFIVs
- FIV Pins – using “pins” to alert you to work that needs to be done, data that may be faulty, etc.
- Monitor Form Completion – how to set up “reminders” to complete a job with a certain timeframe complete with visual alerts.
ADVANCED SERIES - ADVANCED TOOLS
This final organized series is about some of the higher functions & tools in CropTrak including Importing, CMDS integration, Time Sheets, Work Orders, Zoning Tools, and much more.
There’s much more advanced stuff on our Full Support Portal.
ADVANCED VIDEOS/DOCUMENTATION - click to open
- Dropbox Integration – Shapefiles – how to link with Dropbox to import shapefiles.
- Dropbox Integration – Reference Layers & Rasters – Using Dropbox to import and work with Reference Layers and Rasters (Imagery).
- Local Importing Options – importing files from iTunes.
- CLU & Other Data Imports – how to import shapefile data as assets including CLU and County/State Boundaries.
TIME SHEETS & WORK ORDERS
- Time Sheet Tutorial – how create and use time sheets in CropTrak.
- Work Order Tutorial – using work orders in CropTrak.
- Work Order Behavior – CropTrak supports two different work order behaviors – default and passive advisor
- CDMS Integration with Work Orders – creating spray work orders using CDMS.
SSURGO Zoning Tool – creating zone assets for a field based on SSURGO soil data.
Advanced Asset Functions – a brief listing of some of the many advanced articles on assets.
- Editing Assets – how to edit existing assets in different layers via digitizing them on the map.
- Asset Selection Filter – tool that lets you final all places in your organization or inside a certain layer where certain conditions are currently true.
- Merging Assets – tool that lets you merge two or more assets that you want to treat as one.
- Polygon From Line Tool – how to create a polygon asset by buffering a line asset a specified distance.
- Folders & the Form Browser – how to create folders to organize layers as well as using the form browser.
- Layer Display Settings & Deleting Layers – how to customize the display of asset layers as well as deleting an entire layer.
ADMINISTRATORS INFO - click to open
New Online App Editor
- CropTrak App Editor – Working with users, devices & keys.
CTAT (PC version)
- CTAT Overview – introduction and definition of terms.
- Form Builder Overview – a video introduction to the Form Builder toolbox.
- Form Builder – Creating Forms – how to use the Form Builder as well as some of the basic form items.
- Managing Users & Roles – admin management in CTAT (this is currently being replaced by the new Online App Editor above).