Everything You Need To Know
To Succeed With CropTrak
We’re Serious About Our Customer’s Success!
We’re not going to lie – our CropTrak Mobile App and our new CropTrak Web are powerful tools, and their customization abilities means they have depth. CropTrak wants you to succeed with both our tools and your organization’s goals.
The following is our ever expanding effort to help you integrate CropTrak into your daily workflow. We encourage new users to run through the following video training series, and for Administrators to check here regularly for new tools and how-to’s especially for you.
As always, you can access our fully searchable support portal here.
Note that you will need a username and password to access the support portal – which you will be directed to get the first time you go to look at a video or article.
INTRODUCTION TO CROPTRAK
This is a series of videos and articles focused on new users that will introduce you to CropTrak; it’s menus, it’s functions, and how to get started using the app in your organization.
INTRO VIDEOS/DOCUMENTATION - click to open
User Manual & Glossary of Terms (PDF) – a great reference resource for everything CropTrak including every menu and tool icon.
Intro/Mobile Application Overview – this article, complete with graphics and explanations helps explain the basic concepts behind CropTrak and how to get the most out of the intro series.
HOW IT WORKS:
- Installation & Initial Download – detailed instructions on downloading and installing CropTrak on your iOS device.
- CropTrak Mobile App User Interface – a tour of the CropTrak user interface including menu layout, iconography and basic operation.
- Syncing – learn how to sync CropTrak on your iPad to the cloud; uploading your data to the database and downloading your co-workers data.
- Asset Hierarchy and Adding a New Grower & Farm – details field hierarchy of CropTrak as well as how to add a new grower & farm to your database.
- Adding a New Asset – how to create a new asset layer and digitizing an asset into that layer.
FORMS – Working With Forms – an introduction to forms in CropTrak.
ANNOTATIONS – Map Annotations – how to drop icons onto your map, complete with notes that can give information to your fellow users.
INTERMEDIATE SERIES - ENTERING DATA
The Intermediate Series focuses on how to enter data into your CropTrak database.
The videos/articles listed on the right are some of the many videos in this series, for more information see our Full Support Portal.
INTERMEDIATE VIDEOS/DOCUMENTATION - click to open
- Data Entry History – on the ability to review and edit forms via the Data Entry History tool.
- Data Entry Search – how to selectively target and access older data.
- Form Value Dump Reports – a quick & dirty reporting solution from within forms themselves.
- Document Form Item – importing PDF and similar files to your database.
RAPID ENTRY TEMPLATES
- How To Fill Them Out – how to use template forms to speed entry of default values.
- Configuring Templates – Editing and creating new template forms for your organization.
ACTION ITEMS – How To Fill Out & Configure – inserting and using low-detail direct “heads-up” indicators of completable work.
User FIVs (Featured Info Views)
- FIV Reference Manual (PDF) – a detailed description on FIV elements – a must have when developing FIVs.
- Introduction to InfoViews & UserFIVs – what they are and how to use them.
- Virtual FIVs; What They Are & How They Are Used – allow you to get at the most straight forward data collection, and display it back in a way that’s more intuitive, visual and easily actioned.
- Configuring UserFIVs – the “how” of editing and customizing UserFIVs
- FIV Pins – using “pins” to alert you to work that needs to be done, data that may be faulty, etc.
- Monitor Form Completion – how to set up “reminders” to complete a job with a certain timeframe complete with visual alerts.
ADVANCED SERIES - ADVANCED TOOLS
This final organized series is about some of the higher functions & tools in CropTrak including Importing, CMDS integration, Time Sheets, Work Orders, Zoning Tools, and much more.
There’s much more advanced stuff on our Full Support Portal.
ADVANCED VIDEOS/DOCUMENTATION - click to open
- Dropbox Integration – Shapefiles – how to link with Dropbox to import shapefiles.
- Dropbox Integration – Reference Layers & Rasters – Using Dropbox to import and work with Reference Layers and Rasters (Imagery).
- Local Importing Options – importing files from iTunes.
- CLU & Other Data Imports – how to import shapefile data as assets including CLU and County/State Boundaries.
TIME SHEETS & WORK ORDERS
- Time Sheet Tutorial – how create and use time sheets in CropTrak.
- Work Order Tutorial – using work orders in CropTrak.
- Work Order Behavior – CropTrak supports two different work order behaviors – default and passive advisor
- CDMS Integration with Work Orders – creating spray work orders using CDMS.
SSURGO Zoning Tool – creating zone assets for a field based on SSURGO soil data.
Advanced Asset Functions – a brief listing of some of the many advanced articles on assets.
- Editing Assets – how to edit existing assets in different layers via digitizing them on the map.
- Asset Selection Filter – tool that lets you final all places in your organization or inside a certain layer where certain conditions are currently true.
- Merging Assets – tool that lets you merge two or more assets that you want to treat as one.
- Polygon From Line Tool – how to create a polygon asset by buffering a line asset a specified distance.
- Folders & the Form Browser – how to create folders to organize layers as well as using the form browser.
- Layer Display Settings & Deleting Layers – how to customize the display of asset layers as well as deleting an entire layer.
This series concentrates on the User portion of CropTrak Web – our web based reporting system. Topics include the various parts of the Data Panel, Broadcast & Distribution Lists, and the Forms Tab.
CROPTRAK WEB VIDEOS/DOCUMENTATION - click to open
- Data Panel – Form View – this video tutorial shows you how to view, edit (enterprise only) forms, and export data entered in forms that have data in them.
- Data Panel – Image View – this video tutorial shows you how to view images collected in forms for selected assets. If you are an Enterprise customer, you can also open, view and edit the forms associated with those images.
- Data Panel – Map View – this video tutorial shows you how to view assets and measurements on a map for a visual survey of your data. In addition, you can view and add comments to the FIVs for those assets, and if you are an Enterprise customer you can also open and edit the forms associated with those assets.
- Broadcast & Distribution Lists – this video tutorial shows you how to prepare scheduled Broadcasts of reports that you have created and send them to user-defined Distribution Lists. There is additional information on this topic HERE as well.
- Forms Tab – this video tutorial show you how to work with the Forms tab which allows you to view and edit (Enterprise Customers only) ALL the form data that has been entered for that specific form.
Video and articles related to your organization’s Admin tools in CropTrak. This includes the Adminstrator’s tools for our new series of online tools called CropTrak Web.
ADMINISTRATORS INFO - click to open
CropTrak Web Admin
- Administrator Notes – User Login and System Roles information.
- Working With Users and Devices & Keys – a video tutorial on how to use the Users Tab and the Devices & Keys Tab
- Introduction to User Tables Tab – a video introduction to the User Tables Tab
- App Images Tab – how to view and add icon images to the database.
- Configuration Tab – how to use several tools for admins who have integrated weather or use time sheets.
CTAT (PC version)
- CTAT Overview – introduction and definition of terms.
- Form Builder Overview – a video introduction to the Form Builder toolbox.
- Form Builder – Creating Forms – how to use the Form Builder as well as some of the basic form items.
- Managing Users & Roles – admin management in CTAT (this is currently being replaced by the new Online App Editor above).